THE WEST RIVER TRAIL: A TRAIL FOR ALL AGES AND ABILITIES
The Friends of the West River Trail is launching a fundraising campaign to achieve our dream of opening the beautiful wooded section of the six miles of the Lower Section to everyone, eventually joining with our Upper Section. Our hope is to create a trail that can be used by people of all ages: commuter bikers, families with children on bikes or in strollers, cross country skiers, or people seeking a mobility-friendly surface for a walk—a gentle, flat bike ride, or a wheelchair outing.
OUR CORPORATE SPONSORS
Please support the businesses that are supporting the West River Trail.
We thank them all, and welcome more sponsors….
- Black Mountain Landscaping–Eric Schmidt, 802-579-8562, 314 River Rd. W. Chesterfield, NH, http://www.blackmtnlandscaping.com Installed culverts, excavating and grading
- Brown & Roberts Hardware–Paul Putnam, Mgr., 182 Main St. Brattleboro, Vt, 257-4566 Donated hardware and chain
- Cersosimo Industries–Donated several truckloads of surepack for trail surface
- F.W. Webb Co.–Mark McAllister, Mgr., 231 John Seitz Dr., Industrial Pk, Brattleboro, Vt. 257-4316 Donated culvert pipe
- Home Depot, Keene, NH. Discount on materials to build 4 kiosks.
- Integrated Solar Applications
- J. Hiam LLC– donated beautiful photos
- Pleasant Valley Yardworks–Chris Thomas, 380-5296, donated mowing the trail along Rice Farm Rd.
- DCdesign & WEBwerk ~donated development and redesign of FWRT website
- Dede Cummings of Brattleboro, Vermont & Bahman Mahdavi of Newfane
- Lotus Graphics–257-1102, 418 Canal St. Brattleboro, Vt. www.lotusgraphics.com. Donated copy and restoration of 100 year old survey of West River Railroad bed
- Marina–Dennis Smith, 257-7563 donated restaurant space and food for reception; food for workday volunteers, space for parking at trailhead.
Friends of the West River Trail is a registered 501 (3) (c) organization.